21 June 2012

Yu-na Kim undecided about 2014 Sochi Olympics

Peter Parks / Agence France-Presse
Reigning Olympic champion Kim Yu-na hasn't decided whether she will compete at the 2014 Sochi Olympics, but is looking forward to host the Winter Games at the 2018 Olympics in her home country, Pyeongchang"I hope everyone can fulfill their dreams in Pyeongchang," said Kim.

Talking about the key to her success, Kim stressed that "in figure skating, mental toughness is very important and I close much attention to adjusting myself to reach my best form."
She also added that "my coaches have told me my muscles and body structure are perfect for skating. I was born with a good instrument, maybe more so than talent. I was lucky my coaches noticed early on and helped me develop that. A lot of people don't know they are born that way."

Kim has her own show, All That Skate, in South Korea, but seldom takes part in commercial performances overseas and it took two years to Li Sheng, president of SECA, the host of  Sunday's Artistry on Ice, to persuade Kim.
Sunday's Artistry on Ice marked also Shen Xue and Zhao Hongbo's farwell to competitions.


iluvyn



Source: China Daily

2 comments:

  1. I think that she will decide at the beginning of the Olympic season, or later. And I reckon she'll say "no"...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm of the same opinion as you, she'll say no. It wouldn't be convenient for her.
    By the way, did you see her new programs?

    ReplyDelete