15 May 2012

Looking back at the 2011/2012 season and picking faves

Icenetwork.com's correspondents and editors picked their favourites moments of the last season (Part I, Part II, Part III). So why not doing it here at Hot Blades, Hot Passion as well?


Best program

Not so easy here. I've really liked Jeremy Abbott's SP, even if it wasn't a clean program for the most part of the time.



And how could I forget Davis and White's "Die Fledermaus" FD?



I was looking at Misha Ge interview, and I started to think that I had completly forgotten him while writing this post! How could I? So here he is. I really liked his "Black Swan", a strange and difficult choice of music for a man, but he did a really good job.



Best performance

And here I'm getting nostalgic already. After breaking my heart at Sheffield Euros withrawing for having injured his wrist, Kevin Van Der Perren decided to say goodbay to his fans in Nice. Here, before his last bow in a world championship, Kevin skated one of his best performance ever, with his trademark triple-triple-triple combination. Not bad as a farwell, don't you think?



Best rivalry

I have no doubt here. Absolutely German Aliona Savchenko and Robin Szolkowy versus Russian Tatiana Volosozhar and Maxim Trankov. Both pairs are great.





Biggest upset

Well, there isn't really an upset for me this season. Let's say what I'd change, or what wasn't exactly of my liking? Ok, than it's Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir over Davis and White and Patrick Chan over Daisuke Takahashi at Worlds. It's only a question of tastes, but after all the purpose of the entire post is exchanging faves, right?



Favorite breakthrough performance

Brian Joubert at Worlds in Nice. Like the phoenix, he is reborn from his own ashes and maybe deserved more in terms of points. Plus, I like it when Brian skates all testosterone-y! Lip or flutz? Who cares!



Best comeback story

Evgeni Plushenko at the 2012 European Championships in Sheffield. 29 years old, one leg, a quad, a gold. Strong, confident and glorious comeback for sure.



Best moment

Without doubt Carolina Kostner winning the first World title for Italy.



Favorite skating outfits

Wow, that's hard to pick my faves here. Let's see... Viktoria Helgesson's FP dress.



Kiira Korpi's FP dress.



Anna Cappellini's SD dress.



Tatiana Volosozhar's and Maxim Trankov's SP outfit.



And, to end with a classic, Davis's and White's FD outfit.

Worthy of mention

And worthhy of mention is the brave and funny Kim Lucine with his FP that I personally found very amusing and entertaining.


So, here you have my faves. And you, what are your favourite moments of the last season? I wait to read your picks!

4 comments:

  1. That's a very very very very interesting post, and I think I will "steal" your idea and maybe do the same myself! Till then, I won't tell anything about my thoughts... ;-)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. But that's soooo not fair! I'm curious to know your faves!
    You're welcome to steal the idea. I'll wait for your post and your picks. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, everything's done. Btw, thank you for the suggestion of Kim Lucine: I was almost forgetting his hilarious FS!!! You can read everything on my blog! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to read it ASAP! ;) Ahahah you're welcome, he was brave and hilarious.

    ReplyDelete