30 March 2012

Worlds 2012 - Ladies SP



Fourth day of these 2012 World Championships, and we go on with the ladies' SP. Alena Leonova took the lead over the favorites, who made lots of mistakes. Kanako Murakami and Carolina Kostner follow in second and third.
Of the 30 ladies who performed today, only 24 made it to the free Good luck to all the girls for Saturday SP.




Alena Leonova

Leonova skated a strong performance of her “Pirates of the Caribbean” program and nailed a triple toe-triple toe combination, a triple flip and double Axel. Alena picked up a level four for the three spins and the footwork to post a new seasons best of 64.61 points. “Obviously I performed my program at a 100 percent today. I am even more pleased with my jumps and the very high levels I got than with the fact being in first place. This was my best Short Program in this season and probably of my life so far”, she told the post-event press conference.




Kanako Murakami

Murakami's routine to “Violin Muse” featured a triple toe-triple toe, triple flip, double Axel and level-four spins as well. She had the same elements as Leonova’s short, but Murakami's component marks were slightly lower. “Since I wasn’t skating well on practice since I am in Nice, so I was a little unsure today. I was just glad to perform well and I am very satisfied now”, the 17-year-old commented. “After having bad practice sessions, my coach really encouraged me and helped me to change my mind”, she added.



Carolina Kostner

Performing to an Allegretto by Dmitri Shostakovich, Kostner landed a triple toe-triple toe combination and the double Axel, but doubled the loop. “I have mixed feelings about my performance today. On the whole, it was really good. I had a miskate on a jump that makes me quite angry because it’s a jump I have almost never been missing. Sometimes you just need a mistake like get down to earth again and to stay focused until the end, which I will try to do”, Kostner said.



Mao Asada

Mao Asada fell on a downgraded triple Axel to finish fourth.



Akiko Suzuki

Akiko Suzuki hit a triple toe-triple toe but doubled the Lutz.







Ashley Wagner

Ashley Wagner, stepped out of her opening triple flip, which was to have been in combination with a triple toe. Though she added a double to her solo triple loop, the damage was done early.













Alissa Czisny

Alissa Czisny fell twice, once on her opening triple lutz and again on her solo triple loop. She stepped out of her double axel as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment