23 March 2012

Kings on Ice 2012 - Press Conference


Tuesday afternoon was held a press conference, with Olympic champion Evgeni Plushenko and violinist Edvin Marton. Plushenko spoke with journalist about Kings on Ice, about knee surgery and about his future plans.

Evgeni reassured all those who thought that recent surgery will keep him away from the ice: "Two weeks ago I had knee surgery and, as you see, I can walk, I started running, I can skate... After surgery, my jumps are the same and it's enough for now."

Moreover, Evgeni already makes plans for the 2014 Olympics in Sochi, saying that, above all, he wants to change the athletes' mentality: "I like the competition. I need the adrenaline. I like to fight on the ice, I'm a fighter. I skated with many skaters, of several generations, but I feel I can still compete with them. So I want to go to the Olympics, my fourth. Nobody has ever done this. I'll do my best, I'm 31 and no skater kept competing till this age... "

Edvin Marton said he prepared some surprises for this year edition, including new compositions: "I composed a new song for the end. Edvin also said he prepared a special arrangement of the song Tango de Roxanne. At the end of the press conference, Edvin gave a brief musical show.


The fourth edition of the Kings on Ice will take place this year on April 7, and will include two performances: at 15:00 and at 20:00.
Among the skaters that will performe in Bucharest, we will see Brian Joubert, Stephane Lambiel, Surya Bonaly, Fumie Suguri, Ekaterina Bobrov/Dmitri Soloviev, Vera Bazarova/Yuri Larionov and Fiona Zaldua/Dmitry Sukhanov. New additions are: Laura Lepisto and Ekaterina/Alexander Chesnut, famous for ice acrobatics.

A/N: This is my translation from Romanian, so please forgive me if I got something wrong.

Official Site: Amphitrion


And here you can listen to the entire audio recording of the conference held by Evgeni in Bucharest (thanks to Florentina).









 

2 comments:

  1. Interessante questo post ..... soprattutto i nuovi brani di Edvin ..... spero di poterli sentire presto!
    Come vorrei poter vedere questo spettacolo.
    Certo che Evgeny ha fatto prestissimo a riprendersi dall'intervento al ginocchio - Benissimo....
    Ora deve arrivare il 28 subito he he he

    ReplyDelete
  2. Davvero! Sarà stata la vacanza al mare con la moglie... :p Comunque sono felice di vederlo in forma. La prossima stagione deve brillare!
    Non vedo l'ora inizino i mondiali!

    ReplyDelete