27 January 2012

Euros 2012 - Joubert's thoughts after the SP




A disaster. It's how Brian Joubert commented his performance in this short program in Sheffield. Brian Joubert fell on his quadruple jump, ranking 10th, and admitted having already turned over a new leaf on this European Championships, where he will not mount the podium for the first time in his career.


But what happened? "It's a big question mark," Brian said. "I am disappointed because I worked hard. I do not have much in the preparation to reaproach myself for, but there is clearly something wrong. This program was a disaster. I did not enjoy myself and it irritates me."


Will he be able to repeat last year exploit, when he finished seventh in the short program to end second in the final standings? "No, Joubert said."Maybe I reassure you or not: there will not be the last year exploit.Last year, I had not made a clean performance in training. But here I have skated a clean performance (in training)! That's  what is amazing.I honestly feel I can not repeat last year exploit.Because I had very bad feelings today, and Saturday it will be twice as hard with two quads, two triple axels."

Here Joubert interview after the short program; "I am completely lost. During training everything was perfect, I arrive here and it's a catastrophe, 6 minutes' warm-up were a catastrophe... You can miss jumps, it can happen and it's no big deal, but what worried me is that I had no feelings, I didn't know where I was, so skating the program feeling that way was very difficult, but that's the way it is, that's life."
But, as he says, "c'est la vie!" Go Brian, you've always all our support and you're always our champion!



And here how we want to see you Brian, smiling! Keeps smiling!!!





Source: ouest-france.fr

No comments:

Post a Comment