30 December 2011

Johnny Weir prepares for marriage!



Yesterday, Johnny Weir told Icenetwork's Lynn Rutherford that he and his betrothed, Victor Voronov, a lawyer from Russia, are getting married on New Years Eve.
Yes. New Year's Eve.

THEY'RE GETTING MARRIED TOMORROW!!!

Congratulations, dear Johnny and Victor!


Speaking of his betrothed, Johnny says that "he's kind of everything that I've ever looked for and aspired to be in a relationship with. We've known each other for a long time and we reconnected over the summer, and it's just been a whirlwind".
Awww, isn't that sweet?
"He's wonderful. He's totally not in my field at all. He didn't even know I was a figure skater when we first met". And he adds that "he loves watching me perform and seeing what I actually do".
"Everything is going perfectly. He is moving to Jersey. We will be [living in] metropolitan New York. I can't picture myself living anywhere else".
Listening to Johnny speak of his sweetheart doesn't turn your romantic mood on?

Weir plans to resume serious training with his coach, Galina Zmievskaya, with a possible return to competition in mind.
"Victor and I are going away on vacation, before I close myself off from the world and see what I can still do. I can do all my jumps and spins and I enjoy performing now more than ever. I do miss the structure of competition and training and everything that goes into it, the dieting, looking hot all of the time. But in the past few months, I've really started to enjoy going into the rink and working on different spins, things like that. I've fallen back in love with it", says Weir.

Is he serious about possibly returning to competition?
"I'm not saying no, I'm not saying yes. I am going to start training as though I were to come back." An official announcement could come in the spring.

Has he kept up with what's happening in the eligible ranks?
"I've seen a little bit", says Johnny. "I don't know how a certain person keeps winning by falling down. When I was competing, falling was bad and you would lose for falling. I just don't understand". Is he reffering to who I think he is reffering (Patrick Chan, but don't tell anybody I've said it)?
"I also don't understand how ladies can win events and not do all of their triple jumps. No matter how good they are, this is the top tier of women's figure skating and they should do the jumps".



Source: icenetwork.com

No comments:

Post a Comment